A grayish figure haunts Room 24 on the second floor. The ghost is thought to be a guest who stayed at the inn in the late 1800s. The haunted room is in the oldest section of the inn. Built in 1716 by physician Captain Joseph Minot, the house later became part of an inn that enveloped two other houses. A conventional brick building was added to the rear of the inn in the 1960s. The first sighting of the ghost was on June 14, 1966, when a woman on her honeymoon at the inn was awakened by a shadowy figure four feet from the edge of her bed. The apparition floated to the foot of the bed and vanished. Concord is 18 miles northwest of Boston, north of Highway 2 on Highway 126.
Find out more about the Colonial Inn by visiting its website.