The original building here was built in 1791 by Phineas Cole and later expanded to 22 rooms. It became the Kennebunk Inn in the 1940s. After renovations in 1980, ghostly activity began to manifest. Moving and flying crystal goblets, exploding wineglasses behind the bar, disarrayed silverware, and moving chairs are commonplace events here. Owners believe their uninvited guest is Silas Perkins, a former owner who died in the 18th century. Kennebunk is 11 miles south of Biddeford on U.S. Highway 1, in the southwest corner of Maine.
Learn more about Kennebunk Inn by visiting its website.